California care home sued over resident's poisoning death

California care home sued over resident's poisoning death SAN MATEO, Calif. (AP) — The family of a woman who died after she was accidentally served...

September 30, 2022
4:22 AM

California care home sued over resident's poisoning death SAN MATEO, Calif. (AP) — The family of a woman who died after she was accidentally served dishwashing liquid as drinking juice at a San Francisco Bay Area care home sued the facility on Thursday. Trudy Maxwell, 93, was served an alkaline liquid 'more toxic than Drano," Niall McCarthy, an attorney for the family, said in a statement. 'When you place your loved one in a senior facility, you do not expect it to be one of the most dangerous places in the Bay Area," McCarthy said.