Assisted living resident dies after ingesting toxic chemicals

A 93-year-old resident of a California care facility is dead and two others were sickened after 'ingesting toxic chemicals,' San Mateo police said ...

September 4, 2022
7:24 AM

A 93-year-old resident of a California care facility is dead and two others were sickened after 'ingesting toxic chemicals,' San Mateo police said Monday. Police were dispatched on a report of a woman poisoned at Atria Hillsdale around 8:10 p.m. Sunday, the department said. 'Three home care residents were hospitalized after ingesting toxic chemicals,' and one of those people, 93, died, police said in a statement. Atria Park of San Mateo. (Google Maps) Atria Park of San Mateo told NBC Bay Area that the residents had been given dishwashing liquid instead of juice and that it was fully cooperating with investigators.

Phil Helsel